No comments
What should I do? The IRS will send a notice or a letter for any number of reasons. It may be about a specific issue on your federal tax return or account, or may tell you about changes to your account, ask you for more information, or request a payment. You can handle most of this correspondence without calling or visiting an IRS office if you follow the instructions in the document. Before you proceed, check where the notice came from The first thing to do is to check the return address to be sure it’s from the Internal Revenue Service and not another agency. If it's from the IRS, the notice will have instructions on how to respond. If you want more details about your tax account, you can order a transcript. If it’s from another agency, such as a state tax department, you’ll need to call that office for an explanation. If the letter is from the Department of the Treasury Bureau of the Fiscal Service, these notices are often sent when the IRS takes (offsets) some or part of your tax refund to cover another, non-IRS debt. The Bureau of the Fiscal Service only facilitates the transfers - it won’t have information about your IRS account or where the money is being sent. Understanding your Notice IRS notices and letters are numbered and provide contact information for questions. Both are usually shown in the upper right corner. (If you can't find the number, or have lost your notice, there are general numbers you can call.) Each notice normally tells you: What the IRS is changing on your return or account, or needs more information about Why the IRS is making a change or needs that information Where to send your reply and by when (if a reply is needed) There are a few main categories for notices: Informational notices Claiming certain tax credits and other interactions with the IRS may lead the IRS to send you a notice. Most of the time, they are just for your records and you don’t need to reply. Notices about changes to your tax return or account The IRS may have already made a change, or be looking at your return to see if there was a mistake. The notice will have instructions on if or how you need to reply. Some common notices of a change: An incorrect return, where you made a mistake Underreporting income, where it’s possible you didn’t report all your income You are being audited or the IRS has already audited you and is proposing changes Notices where the IRS says you owe taxes If you have a balance on your tax account, you’ll get a notice letting you know how much you owe, when it’s due, and how to pay. If you can’t pay the full amount by that date, you need to figure out what payment options might work for your situation, and act to set up a payment plan or other way to pay off your balance. For specifics on your particular notice, visit Understanding your IRS Notice or Letter on What if I want to talk to someone about the notice? Each notice should include contact information. Some phone numbers on letters or notices are general IRS toll-free numbers, but if a specific employee is working your case, it will show a specific phone number to reach that employee or the department manager. If you've lost your notice If you’ve lost your notice, call one of the following toll-free numbers for help: Individual taxpayers: 800-829-1040 (TTY/TDD 1-800-829-4059) Business taxpayers: 800-829-4933 What if I want to ask for a tax professional’s help to reply to a notice or letter? You can resolve most notices without help, but you can also get the help of a professional – either the person who prepared your return, or another tax professional. Tips on how to choose a tax professional Do you feel that you need help from a tax professional but can’t afford one? You may be eligible for representation from an attorney, CPA, or enrolled agent associated with aLow Income Taxpayer Clinic. Source website:

On this page, you will find a list of useful links that can help you with all tax-related and business start-up questions.


Tax Links:



Business Links:



Get in Touch With Us.

Call us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.


Office:                 (305) 354-6623

Greg Borno:        (786) 303-4868

Chris Pawlicki:    (954) 240-3556

Socra Saintiche: (305) 389-6462


3350 SW 148th Avenue

Suite 110


Miramar, FL 33027


Or you may use our contact form.


Member of Dun & Bradstreet

DUNS# 080658329

MasterCard Visa American Express PayPal Advance payment Cash on delivery
MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Paypal, Advance Payment, Cash

Office Hours

You can reach us 24/7


Get Connected!

Print Print | Sitemap
© 2013-2019, or its affiliates